Seite 1 von 1

driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 11.06.2013, 10:47
von uley 319
Hallo, I am fitting an OM616 engine and have taken the driveshaft to be shortened and balance. The firm who are doing the work say the U J joints (sorry, I don't know the word in German) are worn out so I need new ones. They cannot get UJ joints with grease nipples here in England. Does anyone know where I can buy some new, or refurbished joints? I have tried Kainzmaier three weeks ago for brake parts and they never replied. Is there any where else? Thanks, Jamie

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 11.06.2013, 21:10
von Olli
uley 319 hat geschrieben:Hallo, I am fitting an OM616 engine and have taken the driveshaft to be shortened and balance. The firm who are doing the work say the U J joints (sorry, I don't know the word in German) are worn out so I need new ones. They cannot get UJ joints with grease nipples here in England. Does anyone know where I can buy some new, or refurbished joints? I have tried Kainzmaier three weeks ago for brake parts and they never replied. Is there any where else? Thanks, Jamie

Hi Jamie,
do you mean this one?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_joint
so long
Olli

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 07:49
von Uwe

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 08:44
von Compay
weisst jemand ob die Kardanwelle von 319 und 406 407 usw identisch sind?
ins holland gibt es die mercedes dubbellucht club die vielleicht weiterhelfen kann
die haben denke ich eine ganze menge kardanwellen ins lager

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 11:37
von uley 319
Hi, thanks for everyones help, yes Olli, it is the wikipedia UJ joint. I will email the firms you gave links to Uwe, thanks. Kainzmaier do not have these in stock and told me to go to GKN. Cheers Rob!

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 12:32
von Brad
Gday Jamie.
If you get stuck there is this place just down the road. :D
http://www.hardyspicer.com.au/
I do have this unijoint but I have not fitted as of yet but I do believe it will fit the 319
Cheers,
Brad

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 12:35
von Uwe
GKN is even in GB, too!!

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 13:13
von Brad
My GKN version....... No grease nipples

Re: driveshaft U J joints needed gelenkwelle

Verfasst: 12.06.2013, 16:52
von uley 319
Many thanks to everyone; I have now managed to order them, cheers, Jamie